Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lessons in the Kitchen






My sweet girl is growing up....almost 8!! And she loves to help me in the kitchen. I've been trying to delegate simple tasks to Faye a bit at a time so that she can learn skills in things she is interested in. She has daily chores around the house, but it's something very special when she gets to help me in the kitchen. It's special because it's something that she wants to do and I love having her company in the kitchen.

Last night we had "salad bar" dinner. Salad bar happens when we have lots of little things in the fridge to use up. Faye and I whipped this up for dinner and toasted up some garlic bread to go with it. Faye used a real knife for the first time last night (with my close supervision.) She can tell you the most important thing to remember about using a knife is to watch where your left hand is at all times. :)  (She knows that because I kind of drilled it into her a bit). She was so proud of herself and we girls are very glad that even the boys like "salad bar" for dinner.

What a little lady. Love her to pieces.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: