Hello friends. I thought I'd update you on our move this weekend as I sit here in my comfortable new office. We have a nice set up for our office off the master bedroom and I am really enjoying being in a room with my scrapbooking supplies. They are just asking to be used. Someday I'll get to dust off my things and get busy with that again. But for now, I'm just trying to keep up!
First off, we are feeling so blessed. This is a wonderful home and I am actually quite concerned that we may fall prey to being so comfortable here that we will never leave home. I'm praying that comfort will not be my gospel, if you hear what I'm saying. I'm waiting for the ball to drop, really. There has been so much excitement leading up to this move and I'm not trying not to be a pessimist, but I'm waiting for reality to hit. There are always things you don't see right away or things that come up that give you a different view of a situation. But so far things have gone smoothly. We have seen the owner a lot this weekend, and he is quite friendly. I do wonder how often he will be at our doorstop though? He is in no way a bother, it's just an interesting situation. He seems a bit lonely living on his own and I am really hoping to adopt him as my new neighbor. Soon he'll be getting hot bread and cookies at his door step. Why? Because the gospel is in a loaf of bread. I've learned that concept from my dear friend Rebekah, I just want to be able to experience that myself.
Our goal this weekend was to get the house functional for the start of a work/school week. We had a few people here helping us move on Saturday and that was much appreciated! We have all of the beds together except for the bunk bed that is currently just a double bed (since we can't find all of the screws). The kitchen is half here, but functional. Everyone has a few days worth of clothes in their closet, and toiletries are put away. Beyond that, we will need some time to get everything else moved in.
We are all sick at different levels except for Luke. I've had the cold/sore throat yuck since November 1st. Why I remember the day, I don't know--except for that is the day we got notice that we had to move. I took the kids to the pediatrician and tried to weasel out some advice for myself, too. Any good mother does that, right? I really did not have time to take my own self to the doctor. The doctor told me that I may be getting one virus after another. That explains why I've become the night watch of the family, getting up and down all night long. Owen got a clean bill of health, but still has a runny nose. Faye is still coughing from a cold she had three weeks ago and had an extremely bad ear infection that was not symptomatic at the time of the appointment, but needed antibiotics. Aaron (who started the sickness) feels like he is getting something again. Poor guy, I've probably been coughing all over him at night. Anyway, enough of that. I feel like an old lady telling you about my gall stones or something. It's sickness, it's life--we'll get through it!
So tomorrow will be the real test. Getting started on a new week and getting Faye off to school. I am so thankful that her school is not changing as well. It's just a 10 minute drive. I'll come back home with the boys and set my "to do" list before the Lord and see where my day takes me. If I uncover my camera maybe I'll walk around the house and take some pictures to give you a tour. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment