This is a recipe that I am often asked to give, so I thought I'd post it here. This recipe is taken from the book "Family Health Cookbook" that I picked up years ago. I think I've had it nearly 10 years. Anyway, great book. The cornmeal in these pancakes gives a delightful crunch to them, and I think that is the ingredient that makes them so good. I did make these yesterday when we had guests for breakfast. I don't have a picture to share with you because, well....we ate them quickly!
_______________________________________________________________
Giant Cornmeal Flapjacks
1 1/4 flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teas. baking powder
3/4 teas. baking soda
3/4 teas. salt
1 egg
3 T. Canola oil
1 T. Sugar
2 cups nonfat buttermilk (or milk with a bit of lemon juice or vinegar)
Mix all ingredients together and ladle batter onto a hot griddle sprayed with nonstick spray or butter. Flip pancakes after the top bubbles.
Serve hot, and enjoy the smiles from your family!
No comments:
Post a Comment