This is week three with just the kids and I. And I. AM. Weary! But sustaining....this hasn't been the most horrible long term trip we've experienced. Can I just say, this ain't my first rodeo?? :)
Anyway, keeping it simple with meals yet again, and loving that! Easy clean ups and more time to chase my kids outside after dinner. We've had some great sunshine here and it's been absolutely wonderful at lifting our spirits! It will be fun to have my husband back though and try to impress him with my cooking. :)
Breakfasts:
Onion Bagels and Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuesday-Bring 1 dozen scrambled eggs for MOPS brunch
Hot cereal
Cold cereal
Chocolate Protein Shake (for me)-I've got to finish up the little bit left in the canister! It's been in my pantry for awhile.
Lunches:
1 packed lunch for the car (out doing appointments, errands)
Leftovers
Shredded Chicken sandwiches
Pretzels, chips
Apples, Oranges, Carrots, Celery, Bananas, Strawberries
Lunchables for kids. Picked up some free at Albertsons, and some for $0.48 at WinCo!
Snacks:
Dry Cereal Mix: Kashi Shredded Wheat, Crispix, Raisins, Coconut, Chocolate Chips, Pretzels
Celery Sticks with Laughing Cow Cheese
Apples, Oranges, Carrots, Bananas, Strawberries
Bagel Chips
Dinners:
6 Minute Couscous with Cooked Shredded Beef (from freezer), Shredded Carrot and Chickpeas
Beef Fried Brown Rice with Veggies and Eggs
Breakfast dinner-We love this for dinner, so I'm doing it again this week! Whole Wheat Cornmeal Flapjacks (will add pureed pumpkin), Sausage, Eggs, Peaches (last from the freezer)
Dinner out at IKEA after a late afternoon appointment for Kiddo #1
Grilled Chicken, Seasoned Buttered Noodles (free at Albertsons this week!), Green Beans
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (using Pre-cooked shredded chicken from freezer) Celery, Carrots, Fruit.
Beef Vegetable Soup-Made in the crock pot (broth and cooked meat already in freezer) I'll add in canned tomatoes, carrots, onions, and potatoes. Served with Homemade Bread Sticks.

No comments:
Post a Comment