Breakfasts:
Hot Cereal with Blueberries, Applesauce and Nuts
Berry and Spinach Smoothie,Waffle Toast
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
Lunches:
Egg Salad, Tuna or Cheese/Veggie Sandwiches
Green Salad
Zucchini Fries
Apple Slices, Grapes or Yogurt/Berry Fruit Parfait
Chips/Pretzels
Leftovers
Back to School Brunch at a friend's house-Bringing a hot egg dish
Dinners:
Italian Pork and Pasta Dish-From Freezer
French Bread Pizza, Frozen or Raw Veggies
BBQ Chicken Sammies, Corn, Carrot Sticks
Baked Ziti with Spinach-From Freezer
Friday-BBQ-Meeting New Friends in our Community!-Bringing Hot Dogs, Buns and a Pasta Salad
Menu for Labor Day weekend-Undecided
Other Make Ahead things to make this week:
Picking blackberries-I picked over a gallon between two different days last weekend for free near our house! I plan to pick as many as I can through the season. I am flash freezing the ones we aren't going to eat in the next few days and then I'll pick enough to make a couple batches of jam either this week or next week.
Freezing Spinach for smoothies-I got a great deal on Spinach for just $1 a bag this weekend. I'll be pureeing the spinach and then freezing in smaller cubes for Berry and Spinach smoothies.
Cranberry Muffins or Scones-I'll make enough to stash away in the freezer.
Green Peppers-Slicing and Chopping and Flash Freezing. Found these at a bargain for 2/$1.
Cook up ground pork-for the freezer
Peaches-I **might** be able to get a couple of boxes of peaches this week. If I am not completely over my head with my other projects I'll buy a few boxes to freeze.
Need help and ideas to plan your menu for the week? Check out Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday for hundreds of ideas and great menu planning inspiration. Plan your menu, and save $$!!

No comments:
Post a Comment