This afternoon I thought I saw a car out the kitchen window in the driveway. For an instant I got excited that a friend had stopped by to visit. Then I realized it was my own car....Maybe that shows you a window into the craziness I feel sometimes being home all day with my kids. Motherhood can be quite lonely sometimes. And exhausting, and challenging, and meaningful. All wrapped up into one.
But I really hate the SAHM (Stay at home mom) woes. Especially when I hear them from myself. There was a time that I was working and only dreamed of having children and staying home with them. And I had my woes about working then. It could be that I am just a whiner no matter where I am. But God loves me. He has seen the ugliest parts of my heart that scream selfishness, greed and discontent and He has faithfully shown me that he loves me even when I've turned my back on Him.
Perhaps this blog post titled "What man can relate to a stay-at-home-mom?" completes my thoughts about the SAHM woes. A friend of mine shared this link on her blog and it has been very thought provoking. It's summoned me to my knees in thankful adoration for someone who has gone before me and loved me far more than I could ever love even one of my sweet children. Read this wonderful post when you have a minute, you will be blessed wherever you are in life's journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment