We have farm fresh eggs this week! We finally met our neighbors down the street. We discovered their little farm this summer and we've been walking the kids down to see their animals. It turns out that they have a kindergarten boy that rides the bus with Owen and is in his class. We met their family last week at the back to school night. We asked them about eggs, and they invited us over that night to pick up some--and feed the animals! The kids loved it!
This week I am incorporating a few things from my pantry and freezer that need to be used up soon. Pureed Pumpkin from last fall, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, and corn dog muffins. Essentially, I'm always planning meals from our pantry and freezer--buying what is a good deal for that week and then planning my meals around the things I buy the week before with what I have on hand, although sometimes a few items here and there don't get planned in well enough.
Breakfasts:
Scrambled Farm Fresh Eggs on English Muffin
Yogurt and Blackberry Parfait, English Muffin with Peanut Butter
Cold Cereal and Milk
Hot Cereal with Nuts and Applesauce
Pumpkin Waffles (using pumpkin puree) -make a big batch over the weekend
Lunches: What my kids will be eating
Turkey Roll-up in Tortilla with hummus, Wildberry Applesauce, Pumpkin Seeds, Water
Snack Lunch-Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Hummus, Celery and Carrot Sticks, Cheese Cubes, Juice
Tuna Salad-(Make your own Sandwich), Apple Slices, Dill Pickle, Pumpkin Seeds, Water
Cold Macaroni Salad with Dill Pickle, Cheese, Apple Slices, Water
Friday-No School!
Dinners:
BBQ Chicken in the Crock pot-(Didn't get to this last week because I didn't take the meat out of the freezer in time... )
Baked Potatoes
Spinach Salad
Spinach/Zucchini/Sausage Quiche-using leftover biscuits for the crust.
Yogurt and Fruit
English Muffins
Beef /Vegetable and Potato Soup-Using Beef from a Roast I made over the weekend
Corn Dog Muffins (from freezer)
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Buns (Chicken leftover from previous meal above)
Mixed Vegetables
Canned Tangerines
Beef Sheperd's Pie-Using Cooked Beef Roast in place of the ground beef
Soup Bar: Creamed Pumpkin Soup and Leftover Beef and Veg. Soup, Crusty Garlic Bread and Salad
Planned Leftovers
Batches of things to make this week:
Cook up some of the Bacon I will get from Zaycon this week (I got 7.5 pounds)
Homemade Applesauce with my apples from Foley's Produce for $0.49 a pound!
Homemade Hummus

No comments:
Post a Comment