Yum. Glorious Bread! I posted a picture of these hamburger buns on Facebook today, and someone asked me for the recipe. So, here it is. I'll leave the link on facebook. These buns are so easy. I really don't enjoy a store bought hamburger bun as much as these. I think if you are going to have a hamburger, you might as well enjoy the whole thing, right? Plus, I can make up sixteen of these for under a dollar and then I have some for the freezer. I've also rolled out the dough in the same portions and wrapped them around a hotdog, baked them up and scored huge points with my kids. :) The original recipe is for a bread machine, but I put all the ingredients in my kitchen aid and that does the trick.
Hamburger Buns-Makes 12
1 1/4 cup milk, warmed
1 egg
6 T. canola oil or coconut oil
3 T. Honey or Sugar
4 cups Flour
1 T. plus 1 teas. gluten (I find this in the bins at WinCo)
2 teas. salt
2 1/2 teas. yeast
optional: sesame seeds or poppy seeds
Put all ingredients in the bread machine according to the manufacturer's instructions Program for "dough". If you don't have a bread maker, this recipe works well in a Kitchen Aid. Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and then add the rest of the ingredients. Use Dough hook and knead for 5 minutes. Divide into 12 equal portions. Form each into a flat round for hamburger. If you like a brown top, brush egg on the top of the rolls and add a topping if you'd like (sesame seeds or poppy seeds). Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake in oven 375* for 15-22 minutes, until lightly browned.

No comments:
Post a Comment