Faye just got back from Middle School Summer camp. That right, Middle School! Can't believe how fast this beautiful girl is growing up. I really missed having her around. I kind of forget how much we talk throughout the day until she is gone. The boys just don't talk together like we do. Faye and I both kind of wear our hearts on our sleeves with each other and we had some serious catching up to do when she got home today!
First of all, I am in awe. I've always wanted my children to succeed me, but Faye is just WAY ahead of where I was at her age. I am so proud of her. Since she is just entering sixth grade and middle school, this was the first year she was able to go to the Middle School camp with our church. She went and spent four days with girls she really didn't know. She is so outgoing and kind and meets friends easily. The youth leader has been great as well to help her feel welcome. What I heard from the youth leader was that Faye got called "Mighty Mouse" from the camp director and it stuck. She was the smallest kid there, but the bravest! She went tubing, paint balling and skiing. As usual, she gave the boys a run for their money. She even had a boy try to tell her that he thought she was cute and that he liked her. She just said, "Thanks!" and took off. She's too smart to be boy crazy and she said she thought it was a nice compliment-but having a boyfriend right now is just "creepy."
She said that she learned a lot of things up at camp. She had an interesting experience with one of the girls doing something really mean behind her back. It was brought up to the youth leader and was corrected, but Faye said that she really learned a lot about friendship from it. Such a good perspective. When I heard what happened I was sad I wasn't able to be there to help her, but she is growing up and I can't always be there. That's why I'm thankful for Jesus taking such great care of my girl! Who better anyway? We were able to talk it through at home too. She also said that she learned a lot about forgiveness and how much Jesus loves her. A video was played during one of the speaking times that she really connected with. You can see it HERE.
I love that Faye was able to experience summer camp. Some of my fondest childhood memories were at camp, and it was at camp that I fully committed my life to Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment