Monday, March 9, 2009

Keevy 10


In no order of importance...

1. We have snow again today. It is pretty, but it is funny how it makes everyone so nervous over here. I was surprised that there wasn't at least a late start at school. The picture posted here is of our apple tree in the front yard.

2. Yesterday it was beautiful here and Aaron and the kids built a see-saw for the back yard. Faye has been bugging Aaron to make something out of wood with her. We find that funny since Grandpa says that is what Aaron was asking for at this age too. When we uncover the see-saw from all the snow I'll take a picture of it. :)

3. We have been busy trying to get the house in order since it's been 6 months since we have moved! Aaron got some shelving up in the garage to store his construction supplies and organized the rest. I have been cleaning out drawers and closets and putting things in places that make sense. I am finding myself laughing at where I put things when we moved in--just to put them away somewhere, but now I am organizing things where they make sense to go.

4. Owen is talking quite a bit more these days, putting as many as 4 words together at a time. He has started counting as well and can count to 10 most of the time by himself. We love listening to him putting words together! He is becoming quite interested in a few select books that we read over and over again. Every time we go to the library he persists to pick out the same books each time. He loves the Minerva Louise books (about a chicken and a red truck) and he also enjoys truck books and videos.

5. Faye is enjoying school and Awana. Between the two she stays pretty busy trying to keep up. She is also doing an after school drama program that is getting her ready for a program that she will be involved in on April 1st. She is learning tongue twister songs that they will perform for the parents.

6. I am enjoying keeping up with writing on my blogs and I am also writing once a week on a community online book club. We are reading John Piper's book "This Momentary Marriage." It has really been challenging me and opening my eyes to what God really designed marriage to be. The online book club was started by a friend of mine from our church and the emphasis is to create community around literature. We are about half way through the book, but feel free to join in on the reading, it's not too late! You can go to the book club site and read about what people are saying about the book and you can also download a free copy to read. Click here to go to the book club. On my other blog I am finding such joy in writing about things that matter to me regarding my role as a wife and a mom, being a steward of the resources God has given me, and connecting with other moms who have the same interests. I am amazed at how much blessing I am finding through writing.

7. So far my pregnancy has been going very well. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. I am surprised to find that I am having little to no morning sickness. My main issue is just being tired, but I don't get worn out until about 8pm. I've tried to carve out some time to rest when Owen is sleeping, but I don't always feel tired enough to go to sleep. Overall, I really don't feel any different. I will go to the doctor this week for my first appointment, and then next week as well where I will have an ultrasound done. I am not worried about the fact that I don't feel sick yet, but it will be good to go to the doctor and get their confirmation on the pregnancy. With the other two kids by this point I felt rather sick and my schedule changed drastically just to keep in survival mode. So, I am thankful I am feeling so good ! We think the due date will be October 27th, but the birth may come earlier than that if I have to have a Cesarean again.

8. We do have a new renter in our Spokane house, and things are going well with that. The house was empty for 2 weeks and Aaron was able to do some drywall in the basement with some help from family members. The house was left in pretty good condition, so there was little repair work needed.

9. Aaron is getting excited about a trip he will be taking in May to Windchester Bay, OR. His two brothers will be joining him for a week on the sand to camp and ride the four wheelers. Sarah K. will stay here with me for the week and we are planning some fun things to do with the kids and some time to work on our scrap booking.

10. It's been a year since we have moved to this area, and we are really enjoying it here. It finally feels like home, although "home" is somewhat of a relative place. It's not home like Spokane feels like home, but we are comfortable here and we are enjoying it. In the past year we've learned some things about this area such as: Seattle's Best coffee truly is the "best" coffee, there is an art to driving in traffic and it is a learned art, people are relatively nice here, people do freak out about snow and we have to practice self control with our laughter, there are people here who love Jesus and there are such wonderful people here to connect with.

No comments: