Kids are such a blessing! I am blessed so much by my funny Owen. He is so creative in how he plays and is such a joy to watch as he uses make believe play.
Today he came up with his latest contraption: his jeep and boat with trailer. The boat is a Christmas ornament that he got so excited about that I let him play with it off the tree. It was killing him to just watch it hang on the branch so lonely! When we played today he had to first take his boat trailer off of his jeep and run to the store to get snacks. He picked up some hampinches (sandwiches) and cookies for a lunch out on the boat. Then he drove back home and hooked up his trailer and we were off for a day at the lake to boat and swim. Ahh..I really wish that were not make believe today!
Earlier today he was a bit frustrated with me because I thought he was saying "belt" but he was saying "boat." There are still many of his words that are hard to decipher. He gives a big sigh of frustration that I can't understand him and says, "Oh my, here we go again..."
And then at lunch he really made me laugh. He has a favorite little lion that Aunt Sarah gave him at birth--his first stuffed animal! He still carts it around and tells me that if lion doesn't come to the store with us that he will just be so lonely at home....so he goes almost every where with us. Anyway, lion was eating lunch with us today. Owen was telling me that lion is his son, but they don't have a mom. I said, "What happened to her?" and Owen says, "She died." Since I was so curious I asked how she died? And Owen says, "Well, she died on the cross for my sins. I've got to get another one." I said, "Where can you find another mom?" And then Owen says, "At the store!"
Quite a ham....
And I don't have a picture of him for you today, because he refused to let me snap one. :) Oh well. Maybe he knew it would end up on a blog post. My kids just never know when the paparazzi is after them. (meaning...me--the camera lady)

2 comments:
i needed this laughter!
that was a good chuckle for the morning!! Thanks Owen! Can't wait to see you !
Post a Comment