Owen has officially started Speech Therapy, his first class was last week. The class is at the last 30 minutes of the school day, so it's nice that once he is done we can take Faye home without another trip to the school.
When we got there last week I started talking to the couple that was there waiting for their son. He is in the class with Owen along with one other kindergartner. It was interesting to find out as we were talking that they live at the top of our hill, we literally pass their house every time we leave ours. Their son is 5 and is in morning kindergarten and then comes back to the school for the speech therapy class.
I came home that day full of expectation and direction. I've been praying that we would have more connections within our community, and I was so pleased as I was talking to this nice family that even through a little class at school it seems that God has a plan for community.
Faye has met a new friend too. There is a new family that moved onto our street. She and her mom are from the area, but have recently moved into our neighborhood. The daughter is a kindergartner at Faye's school. The kids have both spent quite a bit of time playing with the little girl and we got to go trick or treating with them on Sunday.
It may not seem significant. People move in and out of neighborhoods all the time and connections are made when your kids go to public school with neighbors. But to me it's something specific that I've prayed for and I love that we are growing our area of community in our neighborhood. Now maybe I should pray that this doesn't mean we are moving....
No comments:
Post a Comment