Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Keevy News-Moving On

I laughed out loud thinking about my last blog post, especially the last sentence. This is the way my life works. Earlier on in the day on Monday I wrote that post and decided to publish it on Tuesday. Monday night Aaron and I enjoyed a fun date night at home in our newly arranged family room watching a Red Box Movie. About to climb into bed at nearly 11 pm, I decided to check my email while I waited for my turn in the bathroom. I got a surprising email from the owners of the house we are renting saying they want the house back for their son who wants to move in. There has been talk of this in the past, but they never seemed serious and glad that we wanted to stay past our lease that ended in August. We did not sign a lease at that time because we wanted the freedom of not having a lease, but still kept our fingers crossed that things would go well.

So, we have to move. And better yet, we get to move over the holidays. I freaked out a bit about that at 11 pm when I'm not at my best. Maybe I should make a habit of checking all emails at the 8 am hour when I am at my best. My husband is not phased by this news at all. He is ready for a new adventure, and therefore so am I. We are excited to look at new neighborhoods and imagine the thought of leaving split level heaven. But we'll see what we can afford in this expensive little area we live in. The kids are very established in the school and our plan is to stay as close to the school as possible and transport them until the end of the school year. I have not contacted the school yet to find out if that is possible.

We were not going to tell the kids until we had more of a plan, but Aaron spilled the beans last night. I was really pleased with their response. They are thrilled! That may change as things set in, but I think they remember going through this before. As long as we stay positive I think they will follow along with us.
What keeps going through my mind is, where will the Christmas Tree be? We have until Jan. 10th to be out of our current home, so we could be spending Christmas in a new place. And as of today I am excited to be on a new adventure. And that excitement about building community? I guess I get to start over. That's okay.

3 comments:

A Sunflower Knits said...

I'm sad you'll be leaving your current digs - they're awesome - toilet aside... BUT I'm also excited to see the next place you live. I'll be praying that the perfect place will be available and at the right price!

The Keevy Family said...

Anna, Thanks so much for praying. That means a lot to me!

Angie said...

I love your sense of adventure! Enjoy the ride :)