Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-9-19

I am so thankful that we are back to a regular diet for everyone in the house! We tried a gluten free diet just for one week a couple of weeks back and quickly eliminated that as a problem. I am relieved, actually! My husband is feeling better and we think we have his problems solved. Time will tell. Since I purchased some gluten free items, I'll be incorporating those into my menu plans so as not to waste what I purchased. I'll be making two new recipes this week using Rice Flour and Quinoa--both breakfast items.

And can I just say...I am really enjoying making lunches for my kids! The routine is going well and they get so excited to see what is in their lunch everyday, that it just makes my day so fun. I've had visions of getting into Bento Lunches. I think it's my new craze...but I am intentionally waiting it out before I buy a bunch of new containers. Meanwhile, I am really enjoying posting on Wednesdays for What's for lunch? Wednesday that is linked up to Bentolunch.net. Come on back and check it out!

Breakfast:
Giant Cornmeal Flapjacks
Goodmorning Banana Nut Cereal (Using Quinoa)
Sausage and Rice Pancakes
Shredded Mini Wheat with Milk, Hard Boiled Egg

Lunches: This is what my kids will be eating
Corndog Muffins, Canned Fruit, Cheese stick, Water(x2)
Mini Bagel with Jif to Go Peanut butter cup, Carrot Sticks, Juice Box
Chicken and Rice Soup, Melted Cheese in a Whole Wheat Tortilla, Apple Slices, Water
Egg Salad Sandwich, Canned Peaches, Chips, Water

Dinners:
Bean Potato Enchiladas
Yogurt Sour Cream
Green Salad or Raw Veggies

Pork Roast in the Crock Pot
Corn Bread with Added Canned Corn
Steamed Broccoli

Easy Chili (Dr. up a can of chili with an extra can of tomatoes)
Leftover Cornbread
Shredded Cheese and Yogurt Sour Cream

Leftover Pork Roast in Whole Wheat Tortillas
Sauteed Bell Peppers and Onions
French Fries
Canned Vegetable Soup

Meatless Tamale Pie-One Pot Wonder! (might double this and add one to freezer)

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (from freezer) with add-ins: Spinach and Grated Zucchini
Garlic Bread

Goulash-Based on this recipe, I'll make this a meatless version

Extras this week:
Scones, Homemade Yogurt in the Crock Pot, Seasoned Pinto Beans in the Crock Pot, Make Hard Boiled Eggs


Looking for Menu Plan ideas? Check out OrgJunkie.com!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Do you have a recipe for corndog muffins or do you just add hotdogs to cornbread mix? Sounds good.

The Keevy Family said...

Mom, They are really good. I use the regular cornbread recipe and add in turkey franks and shredded cheese. They are so yummy and I can keep them in the freezer for lunches. If I pull one out in the morning it's thawed and ready to eat at lunchtime!