Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday- Jan 2.

It's been awhile since I've posted my menu. Mainly I was giving myself a break. We've had a lot of people coming and going from our house and it's been really fun--and with that it's hard to plan more than a few days of meals at a time.
It's the start of January and I love new beginnings. This year I am a bit reluctant to say that my New Years' Resolution in my Menu Planning is to stick to more normal things. I love to try new recipes and make different things all the time, but my very forgiving husband is tired of my experimental cooking on a regular basis. He's graciously told me this and I am trying to revamp how I cook. I'm sure I'll not be able to resist the recipes  from my new cookbook such as "Curry Lentils and Brown Rice" or "Asparagus Risotto", but I am going to try to do my experimenting only on myself and eat them for my lunches. So, don't be surprised when you see such "boring" items on my Menu Plan on a regular basis such as Spaghetti, Pizza, Enchiladas, Tacos.....I will continue to make a lot of things homemade such as cooking my own beans, tortillas when I can, yogurt, baked goods, etc...My goal is to make these items and not always revamp them such as adding extra spinach or cutting out all butter. Whew...I hope I don't gain 10 pounds this year!

Dinners:
Homemade Burritos-Taco Beef, Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, lettuce, Frozen Black Bean and Corn Mix on the side.

Turkey Roast, Sweet Potatoes, Green Salad

Homemade Pizza

Jane's Steak Chili, Cornbread

Baked Potatoes with leftover turkey or chili, sour cream, black beans and corn, cheese

Chicken Chimichangas (bringing half to a family with a new baby), Easy Mexican Rice

Hot Turkey Sandwiches, Green Salad and Fruit

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. Click here for hundreds of menu plan ideas or go and link up!

No comments: